Saturday, March 26, 2016

Who Doesn't Love Those Pesky Advertisements?

So as I mentioned hours earlier this is my second posting today! Yay! Double the postings, double the fun right? It has been hard for me to complete my blog postings because it is spring break and I have been away, but I'm back baby (wow I sound pretty lame, but I'm going to keep this intro anyway).
Anyway, in my last blog posting I mentioned the idea of creating advertisements to be placed with my TOC, well because I am the queen of rough drafts I have made rough drafts of possible advertisements. For my advertisements I used my pink Lokai bracelet and my red Converse shoes as the props to be the subjects of the photographs. Since it is rather late as I do this, I had to improvise a little. Instead of using my moms very nice and professional camera, I used my phone to take the pictures. I also did not have a solid backdrop, so I used my blue blanket and laid it across my bed. Also, it is the middle of the night, the sun is not out, so instead of holding my Lokai bracelet up to the sun.... I held it up to the light in my room, but you will get an idea. (Hooray for more low quality pictures)



I'm going to start working on the real advertisements soon, but when I do I want to make sure they are effective in selling the product, as well as serve their purpose in making sure the reader does not get bored and later pulls their attention back into the TOC. That's all for this blog!
Until Next Blog- Taylor Barton

Citations:

Clayton, Rebecca A. "Advertising as Science." Http://www.apa.org. American Psychology Association, Oct. 2002. Web. 27 Mar. 2016.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Taylor! Looking through your posts my favorite part of the entire blog is the connection that you’re making with your best friend with the magazine. This allows the reader to make a deeper understanding as to why you are choosing this specific topic in the first place. In addition, it shows the passion and thrive that you have to make this magazine your very best. Adding to this, I really like your word choice throughout your blog. This is because it is intriguing and it is comical. ( I love the table of contents joke.) Those elements are what make the blog unique and more importantly it stands out from other people’s blog.
    But like every blog, there is always something that you can improve. One point that I noticed is that there is some grammatical errors. Personally, what I do to avoid this, is after typing what I am going to post, I read the entire passage out loud. This will help you notice specific points which you can improve. Moreover, you can notice if there are specific words being repeated so that you have the opportunity to look up synonyms, this will give your writing a more serious tone when needed. And my last point is to add more of those funny references throughout your blog to make it even more different from others. But other than that, keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Taylor, I really enjoyed looking through your blog as it was entertaining and amusing to read! I love the jokes and puns you used to further establish a friendly connection with the reader as well as making it comical and a fun read! Although you are doing a fantastic job with your blog, I do have one suggestion to give your blog a cleaner look. Instead of posting an image of your computer screen that includes the picture you want to share, I would personally just include the actual picture by downloading it to the computer and paste it to your blog post! Good luck with the rest of your project!

    ReplyDelete