Saturday, March 26, 2016

TOC layout ideas

Okay so first off I would like to say I forgot to post this blog earlier, so there will be a double posting today. What I did was I looked up how a lot of table of content pages look like, and a common layout theme is having an advertisement on the left and then the start of the TOC on the right and then continuing it on the very next page with either an advertisement or short article on the right (as shown below from the TOC taken from People magazine, higher quality photos taken by me on my new iPhone 5s as compared to my previous iPhone 4s photos.)
 
Most magazines also have a TOC that is spread out over two pages, due to the pictures used and the larger text for accessibility purposes, therefore when I make my table of contents I plan to follow a similar format making mine two pages as compared to one. I would also like to create (if I have the time for it) two advertisements for my table of contents to give it the typical feel of a TOC. Advertisement ideas include: Lokai bracelets (the rubber bracelets are a major fad in the dance world since they symbolize balance in both life and physically), Converse (a popular shoe to be wore for hip hop dances in recital and for practice), and a fruit smoothie (promoting the healthy lifestyle that a dancer should lead, although not going to lie I'm not the healthiest dancer around). To make my advertisements I plan to use my own props and then make the advertisements using Photoshop (once I better familiarize myself with it).
 
That's it for this blog. Until Next Time!- Taylor Barton 

No comments:

Post a Comment