Saturday, March 19, 2016

Dance Articles

Since I am out of town this weekend, I cannot start collecting my dance pictures for the magazine just yet, so what I decided to do was research different dance articles, in order to see the typical structure of dance related articles as well as current events going on in the dance world, that way the articles I mention in my TOC are relevant in the dance world. One very helpful website was citybeat.com, which was filled with current dance articles, both nationally and internationally.

One of the examples for a TOC article I talked about in my last posting was the psychology of dance, which was inspired by the fact I was watching Brain Games on the National Geographic Channel as I was typing up my last posting. Turns out there are multiple articles on the psychology of dance, that have been proven by actual scientists and psychologists, so if I so chose to explore that for my magazine I could have backing for it. There actually being articles on it helps prove that people are interested in it, and it is not just me, the girl who wants to major in psychology in college. I think I am going to continue with my A Little Too Risqué article but it is nice to know there is a backup in case push comes to shove.

Another major topic that came up in my searches, is music. Music is not necessarily imperative for dance, but it does enhance it and allow for a story to be told. Since music is such an important part of dance, it is essential that I stay updated on current music trends. To do so I looked toward Billboard where I found articles like this, which helps me know what songs are trending and popular, and why so. iTunes is also great to know the most popular songs, but they do not explain the why behind it. I may need to reference some of the popular music on either my cover or my TOC, so I need to stay up to date on the latest music trends, that are not related to country music (since most dances are not choreographed to Blake Shelton.)

That's all I have for now. Until Next Post. -Taylor Barton

Citations:
Murray, Gordon. "Adele's 'When We Were Young' Tops Dance Club Songs Chart." Billboard. N.p., 17 Mar. 2016. Web. 19 Mar. 2016.

Bergland1, Christopher. "Why Is Dancing So Good for Your Brain?" Psychology Today. N.p., 1 Oct. 2013. Web. 19 Mar. 2016

Mellardo, Alexa. "People Who Grow Up Dancing Are Happier, Less Stressed And Smarter." Elite Daily People Who Grow Up Dancing Are Happier Less Stressed And Smarter Comments. N.p., 25 June 2015. Web. 19 Mar. 2016.

"Two Dance Companies Collaborate in Triple Bill." Dance. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment